The Plex Skill enables users to get information about and control playback of their media library on any Plex compatible device. Once you have installed the Plex Media Server, you can start playing your favorite movies, music, and TV shows on your devices, all by voice.
Now you can plop down on the couch and say Alexa, ask Plex to play The Big Lebowski without ever lifting a finger.
The Plex Skill also provides information like What's On Deck or can even Suggest Something to Watch.
Have a killer music playlist you put together? You can ask to Play the playlist Backyard Barbecue or even request to Play the Artist Outkast.
Check out more you can do with the Plex Skill at https://plex.tv/alexa.
Now put down that remote and enjoy your media, all controlled by your voice.
Officially supported Plex Players:
- Amazon Fire TV or Fire Tablets
- Android (mobile)
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- PlayStation 4
- Plex Media Player
- Plex Web App
- Windows/Windows Phone
- Playlists are now supported
- Albums and artists can now be played or shuffled.
- Plex Media Server versions older than v1.5.1 are deprecated.
* All of the latest versions of Plex Media Server are supported. Plex players on additional platforms and devices will receive updates in the future enabling skill compatibility. Be sure to check https://plex.tv/alexa for the latest up to date list.
** This skill requires linking an existing Plex account or creating a new one, which can all be done from the Alexa app.
Have a question about how to use Plex or need help?
Connect with us and other Plex users in our Community Forum:
Need a chatbot for your business?
Explore ManyChat chatbot templates for Messenger on the Botmakers marketplace