With the Philips Hue skill and Alexa, you can now interact with your Philips Hue lights, rooms, and scenes, recipes and colors. To get started, select the Enable Skill button in the Alexa App to link your Philips Hue account and say, Alexa, discover devices”.
The Philips Hue SmartHome skill functionality is only compatible with the Philips Hue Bridge V2 (square shape).
Note: Basic lighting functionality (on / off / dimming) is available without the Smarthome skill and is compatible with Philips Hue V1 (round) and V2 (square) bridges.
To control scenes, simply tell Alexa to turn on
- Alexa, turn on Relax in the Bedroom.
- Alexa, turn on Energize in the Kitchen”.
In the Philips Hue app, default scenes are created automatically for each room, e.g. Relax, Concentrate, Energize, Arctic Aurora, Dimmed and more. Scene names can be found in the Philips Hue app 'Room' tab after you select a specific room. Feel free to create new scenes that work just for you! After creating or renaming a scene, simply ask, Alexa, discover devices to have them work with Amazon Alexa.
To control several lights in the same room, simply tell Alexa to turn on
- “Alexa, turn on Bedroom”.
- “Alexa, brighten Kitchen to 60%”.
There are two ways to define rooms.
- Use the name(s) you set up already in the Hue app – these are shown in the Philips Hue app 'Room' tab, OR
- Create an Alexa group and add the device(s) to the group in the Alexa App. More information is available at http://tinyurl.com/alexa-smart-home-groups.
- You can turn devices on/off, for example: “Alexa, turn on my Bedroom lights” or “Alexa, turn off the Kitchen lights”.
- You can change the brightness, for example: Alexa, brighten Dining Room to 60%, or “Alexa, dim the Living Room lights”.
- offers possibilities to change or set colors with Philips Hue Color bulbs. Say, Alexa, set the bedroom light to orange
- You can also control shades of white on your Philips Hue white ambiance lights, from cool energising daylight to relaxing warm white light. Say:
- Alexa, set the kitchen light to cool white
- Alexa, make the living room warmer
Find more information about connecting Smart Home devices at http://tinyurl.com/alexa-smart-home.
Need a chatbot for your business?
Explore ManyChat chatbot templates for Messenger on the Botmakers marketplace