- July 2003: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. handset business unit is established.
- February 2004: Huawei displays the first WCDMA phone in China at the 3GSM World Congress in Cannes, France, demonstrating a variety of services.
- June 2005: U626 – Huawei's first 3G handset – is granted the Best 3G Handset Award by the Charlton Media Group.
- June 2006: Huawei holds a new product introduction to officially launch the E220,the smallest and fastest HSDPA USB Modem.
- 2007: Huawei's E270 wins the Reddot Design Award and the E172 wins the iF Product Design Award.
- November 2008: Huawei's E180 wins the Asia Mobile Award for Best Mobile Broadband Device.
- February 2009: Huawei demonstrates its first Android smartphone at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Spain and announces its cooperation with T-mobile for promotion of the phone.
- August 2010: Huawei’s shipments pass 100 million mobile broadband devices and it has nearly 50% of the global market share. At this point, Huawei has been the leader in market share in the industry for 3 years.
- September 2010: Huawei announces IDEOS, the world’s first affordable smartphone with Google, at the Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin (IFA) in Germany.
- March 2011: More than one million C8500 smartphones were sold in China within the first 100 days of availability.
Need a chatbot for your business?
Explore 845 ManyChat chatbot templates for Messenger on the Botmakers marketplace